Ultimate Threat Solo Challenge
(Winnipeg & Vancouver only)
Take part in this exciting solo event open to intermediate and senior dancers! If you are up for the challenge, perform a solo of your choice, interview with a faculty member, and stand out at an audition. As part of the Weekend Wrap-Up finalists will battle it out and perform a set piece of choreography all in the hopes of being named the Ultimate Threat!
Intermediate and senior Ultimate Threats will receive:
- $150 cash award
- Additional prizes in each category
- Dance Power gift certificate
- Open to soloists in the Intermediate & Senior* levels (*In Vancouver, dependent on the number of entries, the Senior level may be split into two categories - 13-15 yrs & 16+ yrs). One Ultimate Threat winner from each level division will be awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of Ultimate Threat solos a studio can enter. Future Threats limits do not apply to Ultimate Threat entries. Ultimate Threat entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants compete for The Ultimate Threat Solo Challenge in the same level in which they are registered for throughout the convention classes.
- Participants will compete in three events: Solo Competition / Interview / Audition.
- The Solo Competition & Interview will take place on Saturday evening. The Audition event will take place during each level’s Audition Class.
- Following each event, standings will be posted. The Ultimate Threats will be named after the top three finalists from the Senior & Intermediate divisions perform the Audition combo at the ‘Weekend Wrap-Up’ on Sunday afternoon.
- All disciplines compete against one another in the solo competition.
- The time limit for each solo is 3 minutes.
- One solo per dancer is allowed.
Prizes subject to change.