Ultimate Solo Challenge
New for 2017 – will be held at all conventions!
Take part in this exciting solo event open to Intermediate and Senior dancers! If you are up for the challenge, perform a solo of your choice, interview with a faculty member, and stand out at an audition. As part of the Weekend Wrap-Up finalists from each level will battle it out and perform the audition class combo all in the hopes of being named the Ultimate Threat!
- Intermediate and Senior Overall Ultimate Threats will receive a $150 cash award and a Dance Power gift certificate.
- Solo, Interview and Audition category winners also will be recognized with a special award.
- Open to soloists in the Intermediate and Senior levels. If entries warrant, the Senior level may be split into two age groups: 13 – 15 yrs and 16+ yrs. One Ultimate Threat winner from each level division will be awarded.
- There is no limit to the number of Ultimate Threat solos a studio can enter. Ultimate Threat entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants compete for The Ultimate Threat Solo Challenge in the same level in which they are registered for throughout the convention classes.
- Participants will compete in three events: Solo Competition / Interview / Audition.
- The Solo Competition & Interview will take place on Saturday evening. The Audition event will take place during each level’s Audition Class.
- Following each event, standings will be posted. The Ultimate Threats will be named after the top three finalists from the Senior & Intermediate divisions perform the Audition combo at the ‘Weekend Wrap-Up’ on Sunday afternoon.
- All disciplines compete against one another in the solo competition.
- The time limit for each solo is 3 minutes.
- One solo per dancer is allowed.
- Contestants must attend both days of the convention.
- For each convention, a minimum number of entries must be received for the Ultimate Threat Solo Challenge to be held.